WAMAIR ATEX Dust Collectors, which are certified according to the standard ATEX Directive, are suitable for use in applications where a potentially explosive atmosphere is present.
These dust collectors are equipped with horizontally mounted pocket or high-efficiency POLYPLEAT filter elements made of antistatic filter media, and a compressed air pulse-jet cleaning system integrated into the hinged access door. WAMAIR ATEX are suitable for different applications and sectors.
Media filtranti di alta qualità per assicurare una filtrazione efficiente
Operator and plant safety
DescrizioneWAMAIR ATEX Dust Collectors are designed in compliance with the essential health and safety requisites for equipment meant to be used in potentially explosive atmospheres (ATEX Directive). They consist of a polygonal 304 stainless-steel casing, horizontally inserted pocket-type or high-efficiency POLYPLEAT filter elements equipped with different types of antistatic filter media. The filter elements are cleaned by a compressed air pulse-jet cleaning system that is built into the access door to reduce to the minimum the overall dimensions and the time necessary for maintenance. WAMAIR ATEX Dust Collectors are either built in for venting applications or come as a stand-alone unit with dust collecting hopper. Versions with an integrated fan are available for suction applications.
Funzione d'usoWAMAIR ATEX Dust Collectors separate dust particles carried in suspension by an air current using pleated pocket-type filter elements.
The dusty air current passes through the filter media, which holds back the dust particles, allowing the air to flow through.
The dust collected on the surface of the filter elements - the so-called “filter cake” - is removed periodically by the action of the compressed air pulse-jet cleaning system. The dust removed can be collected in the bottom hopper (stand-alone version) or directly falls back into the production process. The air to be filtered may enter through the flange on the lower part of the filter casing.
WAMAIR ATEX Dust Collectors are configurable for both venting and suction applications.
- Filter surface: 9 ~ 70 m² (96 ~ 755 sq ft)
- Air volume: 500 ~ 9,000 m³/h (294 ~ 5,300 cfm)
- Filter elements: pockets, POLYPLEAT
- Compressed air pulse-jet cleaning (4 ~ 6 bar)
- Dust temperature: -20 ~ 80 °C (-4 ~ 176 °F)
- Compact design with favourable volume-filter surface ratio
- Polygonal stainless-steel casing
- Horizontally mounted filter elements
- Removable rear panel for comfortable inspection of filter media
- Multifunctional, multi-voltage electronic control panel
- ATEX-version for Zone 22 (Category 3D) or Zone 21 (category 2D)
- ATEX reduced pressure (PRED = 0.25 barg)
- Suitable for internal Zone 20
- ATEX certification
- Low emission level due to WAM filter elements and media (BIA/IFA-certified)
- Advanced dust filtration technology
- Reliable, versatile and durable for a variety of dusts and applications
- Compact design, corrosion-free casing
- Quick and safe filter element replacement from clean air side
- Comfortable maintenance height and user-friendly design (no ladders, no scaffolding required)
- Low air consumption with FILCONTROL CONNECT
- Multiple voltages meeting different electric specifications
- EC 1935/2004-certified filter elements and media
- Interchangeability with standard WAMAIR as a whole
- Worldwide after-sales service and spare parts provided by WAM subsidiaries
- Fan or connecting flange for centralised dust suction mounted on top or in front
- Insertable versions
- 304 / 316 casing and seal-frame
- Removable rear panel or with inspection hatch
- Left or right-side door hinges made of mild steel or stainless steel
- ATEX explosion panel or appropriate pre-arrangement
- Advanced electronic control panel with a variety of controls and differential pressure meter (MDPE)
- Weather protection cover on clean air outlet
- PT-type dust collecting hopper with flow aid, butterfly valve and bucket
- Choke valve